Thursday, August 12, 2010

BBQ Chicken Salad

Okay, so this isn't my recipe, but I'm sure my mom won't mind! She came up with this after we had one similar at Chevys, and it's DELICIOUS, and more importantly, EASY!
  • Cooked chicken cut up in cubes
  • can of rinsed black beans
  • frozen corn- thawed
  • romaine lettuce (you can really use any kind, but the crunch is real nice!)
  • flavored tortilla strips
  • onions
  • tomatoes
  • BBQ sauce
Mix the chicken with the BBQ sauce until well covered.

Dressing: mix together ranch dressing and salsa. I used more ranch than salsa... but just mix until you have the taste/consistency you want. For two people with left overs, I used about 1/2 cup ranch and 1/3 cup salsa.

That's it! It's sooo yummy, and my favorite thing about this, is you can make it hours ahead of time and stick it in the fridge cause you eat it cold anyway!

1 comment: